The CarPC project is built into my 89' Dodge Daytona (sold in
Switzerland as Chrysler GS Turbo 2) with other additional functionalities the
following features are integrated:
- Power door lock. Yes, in 1989 it was not installed in the car.
- Key less entry system. A nice feature added to the power door lock.
- Forward and rear ultrasonic sensors for distance warning (parking only)
- Alpine INE-925R Dual Din Naviceiver for audio, navigation and bluetooth hand free
- Forward and rearward camera for recording driven routes
- SBoard: Controller board for accessing CarPC data (Speed, Temperatures etc.)
- MPGuino: For measuring fuel consumption
- Rearview camera for parking
- Head-up display for speed
- Daytime running lights. Now for a few years it is mandatory in our country to drive with the lights on.
- SRadio: Handling the radio from steering console. Like in older Renault cars.
- Hybrid (analog and digital) dashboard
- SWin: Power window functionality
- CarPC features:
- Primary functions:
- Display and record of car specific data's and its position
- WLAN and Bluetooth connection to the outside
- Secondary functions:
- Audio playback (CD, MP3 etc.)
- Video playback (HD, DVD)